Skilled Worker Visa – Australia
General Skilled Migration is a new Program proposed by Australia where an applicant can apply for Temporary or Permanent Residence Visa under Subclass 189, 190 & 489. Through these classes, Skilled Workers can live and work in Australia for an unlimited time period. After having met all requirements, Skilled Worker can apply for Australian Citizenship as well. The selection is a point-based program, and points are given from many factors such as Age, Education, Work Experience, Knowledge of community language, Studying and Living in Regional Australia, spouse Skills and Qualification points from the State Territory Nomination and Relative Sponsorship. The criteria to qualify are a minimum of 60 points then only one can apply.
The process is divided into the following steps :
Step 1: Skill and Qualification Assessment. – Different occupation have Different Govt Bodies
Step 2: Filling EOI (Expression of Interest).
Step 3: Receiving a lodging application with DIBP. The list of professions who are eligible to apply for this category are mentioned in the Skilled Occupation List (CSOL)
Step 4: Receipt of File No
Step 5: Receipt of Medicals
Step 6: Receipt of Visa
Australia Recently Eased Immigration
- Eased immigration rules for Skilled professionals in July 2012 by reducing qualifying points
- New occupations in demand list with over 550 professions who can migrate.
- Australia issues approx 1,90,000 visas every year under various programs
- More and more Asians are choosing Australia as their home
- Last few years the record number of Indians got PR more than any other country.