Skilled Worker Visa – Quebec
The Government of Canada and the Quebec government have an agreement that allows Quebec to select immigrants who best meet its immigration needs Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, one must first apply to the Quebec government for a certificate of selection the official document that shows that the Government of Quebec has accepted you for immigration to its province.
If selected by Quebec, you have to make a separate application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for permanent residence. A CIC officer will assess an application based on Canadian immigration regulations.
Requirements of the Immigration Program for skilled workers
Hold at least one equivalent diploma, in the Québec education system, to a Secondary School Diploma or a Diploma of Vocational Studies.
- Acquired training and occupational skills that will facilitate your insertion into the job market.
- Have adequate knowledge of French. If in doubt, we strongly recommend that you check your level of French with a recognized organization.
- Knowledge of English is also an asset not to be overlooked. You can take courses or acquire more experience in order to upgrade occupational or language skills
If an applicant meets these minimum requirements, his application for QSC will then be assessed according to the selection factors in the Quebec program for skilled workers. The following employability factors
- Schooling (level of education and area of training
- Work experience.
- Knowledge of French and English Language
- Stays in Québec and family relationship with a Canadian citizen or a permanent Québec resident.
- Characteristics regarding accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, if applicable.
- Capacity for financial self-sufficiency